Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Homeland


I've been sleeping late this past few days because of the drama series Homeland. It's one of the most engaging series I've seen in a long time (I've seen a lot). I'm not sure though if it's gonna appeal to some televiewers because of its controversial plot which is terrorism. But I think it's very relevant because we're living in dangerous times and watching a series such as this one makes us more aware. I don't really know how much is based on facts and how much is fiction but you're free to form your own opinions once you start watching Homeland. You see, it shows both sides of the story, that of the Moslem terrorists' and that of the US government. I won't go into details anymore so you guys would be interested enough to watch it.

I know most Filipinos hate Claire Danes because of the nasty things she said about the Philippines when she was here shooting Brokedown Palace. But I must say that she's one heck of an actress. Her acting is one of the reasons why Homeland is so effective. Another reason to watch it is Damian Lewis, who I totally love. He's such a good actor (very believable and good looking too).

17 comments:

Honney said...

Thanks for your recommendation. I haven't heard about this show, but it sounds interesting. And oh, who would forget that remark from Claire Danes?! Haha.

Kero said...

I like Claire Danes too. I think she is one fine actress of her generation. And I don't hate her for any comment she made about Manila. We should have taken itas constructive criticism =)

Liezel C. said...

i actually liked claire danes when she played juliet in "Romeo and juliet" movie. After that I haven't heard any news about her. I'll check out this series. Thanks for the post

Kero said...

I like Claire Danes too. i think she is one fine actress of her generation. We should have taken her comments about Manila as constructive criticism =)

Michi said...

first time to hear about this series. i'm not a fan of claire danes. #di pa makaget over sa sinabi niya. =)

Unknown said...

wow seems like you recommend this series too, I will try to fine where I can watch this so far AXN was the only good channel that can cover US series here

michymichymoo said...

I've read about this before but I have so many series still on my line up. :)

http://www.dekaphobe.com/

michymichymoo said...

I've read this before. Though I'm not into Claire Danes talaga, not because of the scandal though. :)

http://www.dekaphobe.com/

Julie. -- said...

Oh! Thanks for sharing this. I'm here in Israel where issues about terrorism is an everyday struggle. I will definitely check this out.

April Perez said...

First thing that popped into my mind was Homeland Security :))) I love Claire Danes, isn't she that girl from Les Miserables?

Weng Zaballa said...

Claire Danes is a good actress. I'll check out this series. What channel is this shown?

Liz said...

Hmmm. I haven't heard all those nasty things from Claire Danes. But it is better that way. I might go OA again. Lol.

Sumi Go said...

I haven't been watching the television recently.. haha.. I'm so outdated. Anyway, will try to watch Homeland when I get the time :)

Michelle said...

I'm not really into American series since they tend to run until several seasons! I get bored quickly. :) The plot for this seems interesting though. :)

Martine said...

I got hooked on the Homeland the week it came out. Loved it! Can't wait for the next installment.

Claire said...

I haven't heard of this one. I know she is very remarkable. Haha!

Algene said...

I don't hate her at all :) She just said what she noticed about our country.. Just like Kero, her comment should be taken as a constructive criticism. :)