Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Favorite Pasta Recipe

Since it was a holiday yesterday and the whole family was in, I decided to cook my favorite pasta recipe, the Spaghetti Carbonara. I've been cooking this recipe for the longest time and it never loses its appeal. It really is delicious. This recipe is actually from my collection of Del Monte Kitchenomics recipes. I like cooking this especially when my friends are around because it's easy to prepare and doesn't have much ingredients so it's budget-friendly. They just can't stop giving me praises for my cooking. Though I don't cook often and I'm not good at it, with this recipe it seems as if I'm one of the contestants of Top Chef. The ingredients that you'll need are spaghetti, butter, beef bouillon, evaporated milk, water, parmesan or cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and
all-purpose cream. Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan. Saute bouillon and add milk, water and cheese. Then season with salt and pepper. Simmer for three minutes and stir in all-purpose cream. Lastly, pour over or blend the sauce with the cooked Del Monte Spaghetti. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3. So the next time a special occassion happens or even if it's just an ordinary day and you want to indulge, cook the Spaghetti Carbonara.

No comments: