Sunday, April 14, 2013

Binibining Pilipinas 2013 Winners

I like watching beauty pageants so I just had to watch the Binibining Pilipinas 2013 coronation last night even if it ended around 1:00 am. This year's celebration is made all the more important because Binibining Pilipinas celebrates 50 years of beauty this year. Past winners paraded in the opening of the show with 1969 Ms. Universe winner Gloria Diaz appearing the last. Held at the Araneta Coliseum, the event was full of beauty and glamour. I must say that all the 50 contestants were beautiful.

The Q & A proved to be quite a revelation though. Since all the semi-finalists were stunning, you'd be able to pick out the eventual winner (Ms. Universe) through this portion. I was so disappointed with the answers of most of the ladies especially because the questions asked were good and relevant. Most of them just didn't answer sensibly. Ariella Arida, who was crowned Binibining Pilipinas Universe, had the best answer in my opinion. It's supposed to be beauty and brains but unfortunately most of these women only had beauty. One even answered in Tagalog which is just fine with me. But the problem was I thought she'd be able to answer the question nicely since she's already speaking in Tagalog but then again her answer was cringe worthy. Anyhow, I hope next time they'll screen the contestants more carefully. It's really a big turn off when you listen to these women speak. 

Having said that, I like the Ms. Universe winner (Ariella Arida). She's actually the only one I like. Here are the other winners:
  • Bb 20 Bea Rose Santiago - Bb Pilipinas-International
  • Bb 39 Mutya Johanna Datul - Bb Pilipinas-Supranational
  • Bb 16 Joanna Cindy Miranda - Bb Pilipinas-Tourism
  • Bb 15 Pia Wurtzbach - First runner up










1 comment:

Cheryl F. said...

I too love watching beauty pageants...all portions especially the Q&A :)