Thursday, April 10, 2014

Shopping on a Budget

Times are tough. Everything seems so pricey while workers' salaries stay the same. Even if I want to save some money I'm unable to because nothing or very little is left after paying my bills and buying all my essentials. Whenever I dine out I use my credit card which I know I shouldn't be doing (good thing I don't go out that often). I don't want to accumulate too much credit card debt so I control how often I use it. I'm sure others are in the same predicament and are wondering how they can shop for clothes without breaking the bank.

Shop at discount chains and you'll surely get great deals on clothes, shoes, accessories etc. But make sure that you only buy things that you need since we have a tendency to buy unnecessary things when we see that items are cheap. Try shopping online since most items you see online are way cheaper than those you see at a brick and mortar store. Oftentimes, when you sign up for email newsletters from retailers they'll give you discount coupons and keep you updated on their latest deals and sales.

Try very hard to shop only with cash. Leave your credit card at home and never buy things that you can't afford. Another tip is to buy quality pieces that you can update around rather than buy clothes that are in trend since some trends seem to pass quickly. Build a wardrobe around one or two color families. Always keep your current wardrobe in mind when you shop and never purchase anything that won't fit with at least two or three other items that you own.

No comments: