Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Great Michael Phelps

From the opening rites last August 8, 2008, I make it a point to watch the Olympics whenever I can. It's only once in four years so I might as well enjoy it. The swimming events are really very exciting. My countrymen didn't win anything but they at least broke their respective records (go! go! Philippines!). But the highlight of the whole Olympics (at least that's what I think) is the record 8 gold medals of American Michael Phelps (the most number of gold medals in the swimming event was formerly held by fellow American Mark Spitz with 7 gold medals). I saw the finals of the 400-meter medley relay this morning and it was awesome! Really historical for Michael Phelps. I don't know if anyone could duplicate his feat in the next few years but it sure is very difficult to surpass. With alot of hard work, determination and the right attitude, I'm sure anyone can be the next Michael Phelps.

No comments: