Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Heartbreak

We all go through heartbreak at some point in our lives. There are times when we think that we won't be able to get up and pick up the pieces. But somehow in the end we always do and in the process become stronger and better persons. I saw this poem in the internet and was reminded of days when I was feeling the same way. I just wanted to share it with you guys. A certain Jenna wrote it.


A Broken Heart by Jenna

How do I mend a broken heart?
My entire world has fallen apart.
How do I find hope in a brand new day,
when the one I love has gone away?
My mind overflows with memories of you,
of all that we've shared, all that we knew.
I long for your touch and your warm embrace,
the look in your eyes, the smile on your face.
My dreams are filled with your soft gentle kiss,
I wake and cry for all that I miss.
How do I mend a broken heart,
when my one true love and I are apart?
My heart knows to love only you, it won't let go, what do I do?
Our moments together were precious and few,
but I cherished them all more than you knew.
I love you my angel and always will,
I loved you then and I love you still.



12 comments:

michymichymoo said...

This is soooo touching.

http://www.dekaphobe.com/

Liz said...

Touching poem. I also love writing poems especially if I am in the mood whether I am inspired or not. Lol. If I'm inspired, the poems are inspirational. If the emotions are negative, then, the poem's theme is loneliness, etc.

Lizzie Dee of
Make More Money Online
Couple's Trip and Food Trip
Spread the WORD!

Michelle said...

When my heart was broken, I went on a shopping and party spree! It was better than staying at home and thinking about how poorly I felt. :)I read in a book that when someone breaks another's heart, it's not really the heart that's breaking. Rather, when a person breaks your heart, he takes away the very thing that makes you feel safe and whole. :(

Sumi Go said...

This is beautiful yet so painful. I've had my fair share of heartbreaks and it's just so different when you're experiencing it. After a while though, everything becomes better. And yes, we indeed become stronger.. :)

BlogGirl said...

I've been there, pero hindi na ngayon. Tapos na ang pag me-mend. :)) nice poem :)

Algene said...

This reminded me the broken heart I used to have before :) Buti nalang, I was able to leave all in the past and continued moving on. Now, I have a happy heart with a new love :)

Julie. -- said...

Oh yes, what can be more heartbreaking than losing someone you thought is yours forever? I had mine a year ago.. it was a 3 long years of bittersweet memories with him but unfortunately, it didn't work out. But still, there are a lot of things to be happy about. A heartbreak is a heartbreak but in the end, it will only make you stronger and better. :)

Unknown said...

I once experienced a heartbreak. It was devastating. I would cry myself to sleep a lot of times. Finally, I was able to move one with the help of my friends and family. Hayyy!

k@ye said...

I've been there, and I know how it feels... you are right as well as the poem, people get stronger after the heart has been taken for granted. But time heals all wounds...100% sure. :)

Phoebe said...

Aww. My heart got broken many times before. Now, we make sure to settle things as early as possible so boyfie and I don't have to fight anymore. :)

Dianne said...

That's a cute poem.
Well, heartbreak is part of our lives. We can make a difference just on how we can cope up with it.

Dianne said...

That's a cute poem. We all experience heartbreak. We just need to learn how to cope up with it while making the right decision too.