Sunday, December 1, 2013

Songs for the Philippines

Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda has devastated thousands of people in Eastern Visayas and has affected not just Filipinos all over the country and the world but people from all countries because of the message that it brought. It is indeed time for us to be more serious about the issue of climate change and take immediate and necessary steps to halt its progress. Not doing so will definitely give our children a scary and doubtful future. 

Haiyan likewise affected all of us emotionally. After the typhoon broke I immediately watched the news and saw images I've never seen before. I couldn't help but cry over the devastation and loss of lives and how days after the typhoon most people have not received the help that they desperately needed.  I was kinda guilty eating delicious food because I knew that so many didn't even have a drop of water to drink. I was glad though that so many people have donated money, goods, time etc. and really amazed at the support that the international community gave and is still giving. I realized that at times like this, we are never alone and that countries all over the world will always be willing to help us. I'm forever grateful to them for that.

There are so many ways to help the victims and I'm sure that most if not all of us have done our part. After learning that iTunes is selling an album, the proceeds of which will benefit the victims of Typhoon Haiyan, I immediately bought a copy. It's a compilation of 39 songs from various artists like The Beatles, U2, Beyonce, Pink, Bruno Mars, Alicia Keys, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Adele, Katy Perry and so many others. The album is great and it's for a good cause so there's really no reason not to buy. A must-have for only $9.99. 

My favorite songs in the album are Count on Me (Bruno Mars), Carry You Home (James Blunt), Love Don't Die (The Fray), Let It Be (The Beatles), In a Little While (U2), Stronger (Kelly Clarkson), I Was Here (Beyonce), and Make You Feel My Love (Adele).









 







 

No comments: