Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chile Miners Rescued




I read this morning at Yahoo News that the last of the 33 miners trapped 2,300 ft. deep underground in the San José copper-gold mine near Copiapo, Chile has been rescued already. Thank God for that. The men were trapped for 69 days and were rescued yesterday using the Phoenix rescue capsule. The rest of the world watched as each men emerged from the capsule beeming with happiness and looking as if they didn't stay underground for more than 2 months. This story is really amazing because it shows the strength of the human spirit amidst suffering and trials. I couldn't imagine being in their place. I'd probably go crazy in a week's time. But I'm sure the men were able to get over their ordeal through a lot of prayers and the love and support of their families and friends. I truly admire each men for being courageous and for believing that indeed with prayers you can move mountains.

No comments: