Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Day with the Prince of Persia


I didn't have any plans of watching the movie Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time in a theater until a friend gushed about it and convinced me to see it. I'm not a big Jake Gyllenhaal fan but I must say that the movie is something else. It was raining so hard last Sunday morning so I thought that we would just stay home and scrap the whole movie thing but then again the desire to see the movie was greater than anything. My family and I arrived at SM Sucat quite early so we still had time to visit some of the stores in the mall. The movie started at 11:20 and I was relieved that there weren't too many people in the theater which was fine with me since I don't like jampacked movie houses. Probably it was because of the rains and it was already the second week of showing. Anyhow, I decided to relax and just enjoy myself. And that I did. The movie was very entertaining and you wouldn't notice the almost two hours of runtime. The story is simple but the fast-paced and exciting action scenes from start to finish more than made up for it. The cast did a great job and Jake Gyllenhaal as Prince Dastan and Gemma Arterton (the love interest of Sam Worthington in Clash of the Titans) as Princess Tamina are eye-candy. Since this is a fantasy-adventure movie you'd expect that the hero will triumph against all adversity and evil and will come off unscathed. I was really amazed at how lucky and good Prince Dastan was. This movie still didn't make me a Jake Gyllenhaal fan but it made me a fan of the movie itself. I would definitely watch the sequel. I'm so sure there will be one.

No comments: