Monday, August 6, 2012

Rain, Rain, Rain

I hate it when it's raining. Going out of the house is such a hassle since most of the streets in Metro Manila will surely be flooded especially if it's raining non-stop. Ever since Ondoy happened I've never slept soundly whenever it's raining hard. I'm sure others also have this phobia. But there may be others who find it comforting to hear the sound of raindrops. Here's a simple poem about the rain by Mitchell D. Wilson.

 The Art of Rain

 Falling Down, pooling up,
Out of the sky, into my cup.

What is this wet that comes from above,
That some call disaster, and others find love.

The harder it falls, the less it is nice,
The colder it falls the harder the ice.

The rain has an art that I may not get,
So I stand still here and get soaking wet.

1 comment:

Admin said...

i need rain for our garden..visiting sis!