Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I Love Silver Linings Playbook

I heard about the movie Silver Linings Playbook when Jennifer Lawrence won as best actress in a drama movie at the Golden Globe Awards. I really had no idea what the movie was about so when my sister downloaded the movie, I was quite excited. I don't want to go into details about the movie because those who would like to watch it might not appreciate that. But I just have to say that I totally loved the movie! All the actors gave intense performances and the story was beautiful. It was both light and serious. I also like the fact that the romantic part of the movie was not that evident at the movie's beginning but only came about at the end. Bradley Cooper's character is so messed up that he only realizes that he's in love with Jennifer's character towards the movie's end.

Both Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence are up for trophies at the Oscars as well as Robert De Niro who plays Bradley's dad. It's been a while since I saw a movie like this which made me laugh and cry. I embraced the main characters' imperfections and realized how realistic the movie was. It's all about second chances and that no matter how "flawed and damaged" you think your life is, there will always be light at the end of the tunnel.











No comments: