Monday, February 11, 2013

Who Will Win at the Oscars

Since I'm such a couch potato, it's not just TV shows that I enjoy watching. I also watch a lot of movies especially the ones that are critically acclaimed and made a lot of money at the box office. I'm pretty excited about this year's Oscar Awards. So far I've only seen four of the Best Picture nominees namely Les Miserables, Argo, Life of Pi, and Silver Linings Playbook. Among the titles I've mentioned, I liked Argo and Silver Linings Playbook the most. But I think Argo will win because its story is more "relevant". The other nominees are Amour, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Django Unchained, Lincoln, and Zero Dark Thirty. 

As for the Best Actor nominees, I've only seen Bradley Cooper and Hugh Jackman and they're both amazing. They're up against really talented actors like Daniel Day-Lewis, Denzel Washington, and Joaquin Phoenix. For Best Actress the nominees are Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain, Emmanuelle Riva, Quvenzhane Wallis, and Naomi Watts.

Aside from the winners, I'm also looking forward to seeing the elegant gowns that will be paraded on the red carpet. Who will be a hit and who will be a flop fashion wise. So be sure to watch the live telecast on Feb. 24.





No comments: