Sunday, May 26, 2013

Loving That Winter, The Wind Blows

Again, I slept at 3 a.m. and it's not because of work. These past few days I've been staying up late because of the koreanovela That Winter, The Wind Blows. As you guys know, I love watching Korean TV dramas and movies and I'm constantly checking Viki and WatchWhatAsianDrama for new releases. My friend actually recommended this one and she said that it's a lovely drama. Plus, the actors are familiar, Zo In-sung from Memories of Bali and Song Hye-kyo from Full House. I'm in episode 10 already and I can't wait to finish it. I love the story, cinematography and the actors' palpable chemistry. Especially that one. It's what you call in Tagalog as "nakakakilig". The plot is quite dark and tragic though. If you don't like heavy dramas this one's not for you. I actually cried in a couple of scenes :)

That Winter, the Wind Blows is actually a remake of the Korean movie Love Me Not. It's a story of a gambler and con artist (played by Zo) who pretends to be the long-lost brother of a blind heiress (played by Song) so as to get money from her because of a debt he owes to a gambling lord. What he thought at first as an easy task turns out to be very difficult because of his deepening feelings for her. These two damaged people will come to find the true meaning of love after meeting each other.







No comments: