Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Downton Abbey Fan

I must admit that I've never read of the TV series Downton Abbey before I started watching it. My friend's sister said that it's a must-see. She's totally right. The first night we started watching the series, we finished about 4 episodes of season 1 and we're now through with season 3. I can't wait for the next season which is due on January. I'm not sure if everybody will like it because it's actually a British-American period drama TV series and if you don't listen carefully, the dialogue's kinda difficult to understand because of their accent. Another thing I like about Downton Abbey are the elegant clothes of the ladies. They can actually be worn nowadays.

The series, set in the fictional Yorkshire country estate of Downton Abbey, depicts the lives of the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants in the post-Edwardian era — with the great events in history having an effect on their lives and on the British social hierarchy. It has won several awards including a Golden Globe Award for Best Miniseries or Television Film and a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Miniseries. 

No comments: