Sunday, October 10, 2010

Recipe: Spaghetti with Garlic and Bread Crumbs


Sundays are always special. It's spent mostly with our family and loved ones. So what better way to spend it than to eat something really delicious. Since I didn't want to go out, I spent the morning browsing through my favorite pasta recipe book to figure out what I would cook. I must agree that I'm not much of a chef. As a matter of fact I seldom cook. But I do love to eat and there are times when I like to get my hands dirty in the kitchen. So I chose a really simple dish which I knew I would be able to prepare easily with positive results. I actually got the recipe from Treats Just Great Recipes Spaghetti and it's called Spaghetti with Garlic and Bread Crumbs.

Ingredients

1/2 cup (125 ml.) extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 cups (175 g.) day-old bread, crumbled
2 table spoons finely chopped fresh oregano or
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 lb (500 g) spaghetti
Freshly ground black pepper


Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the bread crumbs and oregano and saute until the bread crumbs have browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente. Drain and add to the pan with the bread crumb mixture. Toss over medium heat until the sauce sticks to the pasta, 1-2 minutes. Season with pepper and serve hot.










No comments: