Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Asparagus in White Sauce


I'm not much of a cook but sometimes I do experiment and try my hand at cooking. I saw this contest by Athena milk in Facebook a couple of months ago where you're going to submit a healthy recipe using Athena milk as one of the ingredients. Although I didn't win the grand prize I won an Athena gift pack. And now I want to share my recipe to everyone.


Ingredients:

29 oz White asparagus; (2 cans)
2 tablespoon Margarine
2 tablespoon Unbleached flour
½ cups asparagus liquid
½ cups Athena Milk
4 oz bacon cut into bits
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg freshly grated
¼ teaspoon Salt


1.) Drain asparagus spears and reserve ½ cup of the liquid.
2.) In a saucepan, heat the margarine.
3.) Add flour and stir.
4.) Pour in milk and asparagus liquid gradually.
5.) Over low heat, stir constantly until sauce thickens.
6.) Add cooked bacon, nutmeg, and salt.
7.) Gently stir in asparagus spears.

No comments: