Sunday, November 13, 2011

Getting Old

I always take care of my skin especially now that I'm in my 30's. I have more evident skin problems like fine lines, dryness, loss of firmness, thin and transparent skin, uneven skin tone and a lot more. Now more than ever I eat the right food and live a healthy lifestyle, as well as drink lots of water everyday. I also apply lots of moisturizers and follow my beauty regimen to a T. But sometimes I do feel that I no longer look as good as I did and that no amount of products and good food could bring back the glow I had when I was younger. It's frustrating at times but this is all a part of getting old and I have to accept it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I'm not really very vain but looking good has always been important to me. I'm more confident when I know that I look good and people send me not just one but second glances. Let's face it, in this society of ours more opportunities seem to go our way if we're attractive and/or smart. It's something that I know should change and that this change would make our society a more comfortable and pleasant place to live in. With all of that said, it's still a must to take care of ourselves not just our appearance but also of our whole being.

2 comments:

Elvirah said...

You are right nobody wants to get old and look old. i myself wish to look younger all my life, but it is just a wish and can never be tru. Its natural to feel as you grow each day, each year. And no matter how good you take care of yourself, your skin, someday it gets ugly and nobody can change it. Its just the way life goes on, cant help.

http://www.rachelspassion.blogspot.com

Lourdes Espanol said...

That's true. Let's just make the most of our youth.