Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pacquiao-Marquez III


I've always been a big fan of Manny Pacquiao. I've seen almost all his fights and have screamed my lungs out in every one of them. I along with some members of my family once again watched him fight Juan Manuel Marquez yesterday (November 13, 2011) at Kamayan/Dad's/Saisaki. I was so excited since there's so much hype surrounding this fight and because I love eating at Kamayan.


We bought our tickets two weeks ago so we were able to choose good seats. I think the ticket price of P950 is pretty much worth it since it's a breakfast and lunch buffet with refillable coffee and bottomless iced tea. There were so many food to choose from that I wasn't able to try all of them. But those I ate which included tocino, egg, fried rice, arroz caldo, salmon sashimi, maki, tempura, barbecue, buko pandan, and cheese cake tasted heavenly. I was so full I was ready to throw up!

I wasn't too happy with the fight though. My heart was pounding hard the whole time and I silently prayed that Manny would knock Marquez out cold. Manny was not his usual self and I wondered why. But then again I was still rooting for him to win. Everyone at the restaurant was silent after the end of the 12th round since we were not sure if Manny would win. When Michael Buffer announced that Manny won by a majority decision, everybody screamed in jubilation. Though, it wasn't a convincing win like his other fights, I'm still happy that Manny won. I personally thought that it should have been a draw but a win is a win and the judges have the final say. For those who are "attacking" Manny all I can say is that let's just be happy and support our kababayan and "Pambansang Kamao". No other Filipino has given so much pride to our country and let's give him the respect he deserves. As for Marquez, I respect him for fighting the way he did. He is truly one of the best boxers in the world today.










No comments: