Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Microworkers Woes

I've been with Microworkers since 2009 and have had no problems with them. Not until now. I actually like them better than Minuteworkers because their tasks are easier to do and the employers are not that strict and approve the jobs I do almost all the time. As a matter of fact I have a high reputation in Microworkers. I reached payout twice and waited until I have $20 in my account until I withdrew my money.

I was so excited since the amount is already big for my standards. I wanted to buy a new bag so I was thinking of using that money to buy one online. Imagine my chagrin when I clicked the "Withdraw" button and the Paypal payment option was no longer there. I signed out and signed in again just to make sure. There were only two payment options namely Moneybookers and Alertpay. I have an account with Alertpay but don't really pay much attention to it because I've always used Paypal. I suddenly did research about Alertpay and explored my options. I found out that I couldn't transfer the money directly to my local bank account but could have the money (cheque) mailed or through bank wire transfer. If I have it mailed, $4 would be deducted and I would have to wait for a month. If I have it wire transfered, they'll deduct $15 but I'll have my money in 4 to 5 days. I opted for the 1st option since nothing would be left with my money if I choose the bank wire transfer.

I just lost the drive to work for Microworkers after that and started doing tasks again for Minuteworkers. They still pay via Paypal there. Though jobs are harder to get approved at least I could transfer my money to my bank in a few days after receiving it.










No comments: